Wednesday, July 7, 2010
This is my latest project. I bought a couple yards of knit fabric like 4 years ago and never used it because I guess I'm insane. I decided it's time to use everything up and get myself prepared for the arduous task of launching a clothing line that actually has size runs of a singular style. But right now it's just remnants and original items. This was particularly hard to sew because I started it and then discovered I didn't have any ballpoint needles for my machine so I had to use a standard need and try to adjust the thread tension to work with the knit jersey. The ruffle is all hand sewn and the pretty striped fabric is courtesy of Brady. He cut the sleeve off and old t shirt to use to polish something and I swiped the rest of it and turned it into the "ruffled feathers" you see on the collar. For more pictures or to purchase this tunic, visit my esty page by using the link at the bottom of this blog.